Bringing financial experts to your class
There’s no better time to be learning about money, but teaching personal finance right now can be challenging given the disruption to the school year. To make things easier for you we’ve teamed up with ten financial experts to ensure quality financial education lessons can still find its way to your secondary students without any hassle.
Banqer Live! is a 10 series of ten webinars over five weeks, with each episode featuring an expert in their field. Hosted by Banqer Co Founder, Kendall, they’re running every Tuesday and Thursday from Tus 19th May - Thurs 18th June. Covering a range of topics including budgeting, flatting, with our finale featuring a special guest appearance from an international expert. The webinars are designed for students in years 9 to year 11, however are open to registration from anyone who will benefit.
How it works:
Students and teachers can sign up for the webinars by following the links below and registering. If you or your students can’t make the date or time, we still encourage you to register as you’ll have access to the replay link afterwards.
After registration emails will be sent out with a link to access the webinar in due course. Each Banqer Live! episodes will run for one hour, and will be conversational in format. Attendees will also be able to ask questions during the session and participation is encouraged. For episodes that have already aired, students can watch a replay anytime they want.
- Tuesday 19th May: Economics 101 (feat. Mary Jo)
- Thursday 21st May: Mastering Credit (feat. Ariel & Mark)
- Tuesday 26th May: Careers & Employment (feat. & Tristan)
- Thursday 28th May: KiwiSaver in Crisis (feat. an expert from Jarden)
- Tuesday 2nd June: Flatting (feat. Kim)
- Thursday 4th June: Budgeting (feat. Mark)
- Tuesday 9th June: Contents Insurance (feat. Sarah)
- Thursday 11th June: The Stock Exchange (feat. an expert from Jarden)
- Tuesday 16th June: Life in a Financial Crisis (feat. Richie)
- Thursday 18th June: A Comedic Guide to Money (feat. Colin)
It’s really important that students have registered for the event ahead of time, otherwise they won't be able to enter the event. If your students have difficulty receiving external emails from their school email address we advise that a parents email address is used as webinar links.
These lessons do not rely on access to a Banqer account so if you have colleagues who don’t use Banqer but might find this valuable please share it, or if you’re a parent at home who thinks these webinars may be of value to their child, feel free to encourage them to sign-up. Better yet, encourage their teacher to have their whole class sign-up!